Pittsburgh, a leader in the green building movement, is a vibrant city offering visitors a wide array of opportunities to experience the city’s rich history and culture. From shopping to sporting events to museums to restaurants, Pittsburgh has something for everyone.
Recently named one of the "Best Places to Travel in 2016" by Travel + Leisure, rated the nation's "No. 1 Food City" by Zagat and named among the "Top Destinations on the Rise" by TripAdvisor,
To learn more about Pittsburgh and obtain a visitor’s guide, go to http://www.visitpittsburgh.com.
Did you know…?
- There are more than 85 restaurants - from casual dining to five stars - within a 15-minute walk of the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
- The Andy Warhol Museum is the largest single-artist museum in the world, featuring thousands of pieces by the Pittsburgh-born artist and cultural icon, as well as rotating special exhibitions.
- The Big Mac, the world's most famous hamburger, was 'invented' near Pittsburgh by McDonald's franchise owner Jim Delligatti in 1967 and distributed nationally in 1968.
- Pittsburgh is "The City of Bridges." A 2006 study counted a total of 446 bridges (defined as having piers and stands), making it the city with the most bridges in the world, ahead of Venice, Italy.
- A great way to see Pittsburgh is to ride the Duquesne Incline up to Mt. Washington. It is also a popular way to get to the restaurants with "the view" on Grandview Avenue. Visit http://www.duquesneincline.org for more information. A reservation is not necessary, but group rates and a free guided tour of the historic upper station are offered to groups of ten or more.
City Brew Tours
Did you know that Pittsburgh is home to several renowned breweries such as Penn Brewing, Allegheny City Brewing Co,. and Spoonwood Brewing Co,. along with a host of award-winning smaller scale breweries, distilleries, and cider houses? A visit to Pittsburgh would be incomplete without experiencing the rich culture surrounding its craft beverage industry. Ranked by multiple outlets as one of Pittsburgh's must-do activities when it comes to food & drink, City Brew Tours provides you with more than just transportation and a backstage pass to local brewing operations. You will also learn how Pittsburgh relates to the 10,000 year history of beer from their award-winning beer guides.
2017 MMM attendees will receive a special discount on tours when you book through the link below.
Promotional Code: AIP2017
Pittsburgh Running Tours
Don’t forget to pack your sneakers when you come to MMM 2017! Pittsburgh Running Tours is a local company that offers 5k running tours through various neighborhoods around Pittsburgh, including downtown. These tours are a great way for visitors to learn about Pittsburgh while getting their workout in at the same time. Go to pittsburghrunningtours.com to book your running tour and use the promo code MMM17 for a 10% discount.
Additional City Links9 Things to See and Do in Pittsburgh
Best Burgers in Pittsburgh
11 Things to do with a Family in Pittsburgh
9 Best Pittsburgh Sports Bars
9 Can't Miss Views in Pittsburgh
9 Awesome Craft Breweries in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh in Just Two Hours