Student Presentation Awards
This award recognizes and encourages excellence in graduate studies in the field of magnetism. The winner will receive a $1,000 USD one-year fellowship and the remaining finalists will receive a $250 USD one-year fellowship.
Congratulations to the winner and finalists at the 2017 MMM Conference!
2017 APS-GMAG Best Student Presentation Award
Winner: Jiamin Chen, University of Tsukuba (BE-02)
- Mukund Bapna, Carnegie Mellon University (CB-12)
- Bryan Esser, The Ohio State University (BB-06)
- Hwaider Lin, Northeastern University (CI-01)
- Naveen Sisodia, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (AB-07)
- The nominee must be a full time graduate student expecting to graduate within one year of the 2017 MMM Conference.
- The student's area of research may either be theoretical or experimental in any of the general technical and scientific areas normally presented as part of the 2017 MMM Conference.
- The student's regularly submitted abstract must have been accepted for presentation through the normal abstract review process by the 2017 MMM Conference Program Committee as an oral presentation, and the student must present the work at the Conference.
- Students must submit an abstract to the 2017 MMM Conference according to the standard submission guidelines and deadlines as outlined under Abstract Submissions. Please DO NOT identify the abstract as part of the student award competition in the text of the abstract. The 2017 MMM Conference abstract deadline is June 23, 2017.
- Students must also submit an extended 2-page abstract of their presentation, including the already submitted abstract number, plus a short (300 words or less) explanation of their contribution to the work described and its significance by the EXTENDED submission deadline of June 27, 2017.
- Applications MUST be submitted via email as .pdf attachments. Fax or mail submissions will not be considered. The email containing the student award application must have a subject line that reads "STUDENT AWARD - <APPLICANTS NAME> ".
- Submit applications via email to the 2017 MMM Conference Awards Chair, Claudia Mewes, StudentPresentationAwards@MMMConference.com.