Conference Travel Grant Information
The deadline for submitting applications and letters of endorsement is 5:00 PM EST on August 18, 2017.
The 2017 MMM Conference will offer travel grants to a limited number of students working in magnetism and magnetic materials. The grants are intended to partially offset travel costs (with the exception of Conference registration). Each Conference grant will be up to $750 USD. Support is for current students only. Postdoctoral fellows or non-students are not eligible.
Student Travel Grant Eligibility:
- The student must be presenting a paper at the Conference.
- The student's supervisor must submit a letter of recommendation.
- The student must NOT have previously received a MMM Conference or IEEE Magnetics Society travel grant.
- Only ONE application per research group will be accepted.
- Preference will be given to students who are nearing completion of their PhD graduate studies, although a limited number of Conference travel grants will be awarded to other graduate and undergraduate students.
How to apply for a Student Travel Grant:
- Applications MUST be submitted online using the application form below.
- Incomplete or late applications and endorsement letters will NOT be considered.
- All students who will be presenting a Conference paper are eligible for travel support and, subject to the conditions stated above.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee's decision in early September.
- The deadline for submitting applications and letters of endorsement is 5:00 PM EST on August 18, 2017.
Application forms:Conference GRADUATE Travel Grant Application
Conference UNDERGRADUATE Travel Grant Application
Advisor Endorsement Letter Form.
(Please note: your advisor will need your student ID which will be emailed to you after filling out the travel grant application.)