Abstract submission site is now closed. Author notifications will be sent by September 14, 2018.
To maximize your chances of acceptance, follow the submission requirements and keep in mind the following abstract acceptance criteria used by the Program Committee:
- The abstract must report a substantial advance in the science of magnetism and magnetic materials.
- The advance in knowledge must be both original and significant.
- The work reported must be substantially complete, with specific reference to new results. Sufficient context and details must be included to allow the Program Committee to make an assessment of the work.
- The Program Committee wishes to permit as many groups as possible to present their work. Groups or individuals considering the submission of several related abstracts should, wherever possible, combine them into a single submission.
- The abstract must be written in clear English. If necessary, please have a native English speaker edit your abstract before submission.
How to Submit an Abstract
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically. The abstract submission link will be available July 6, 2018.
- Abstracts sent via email, fax, or regular mail will not be processed or acknowledged.
- Acknowledgment of your submission will be sent via email. If you do not receive an email confirmation, your abstract has not been submitted. Please check the email address that you entered into the online system.
- The presenting author must be a paid registrant at the Conference. The Conference does not provide financial support nor registration fee waivers for any presentations.
Online Submission Procedures
- Read and follow the submission procedures, which will be available at each step of the online process.
- Provide an accurate email address for the corresponding author and provide all other information requested on the electronic form. This email address will be used for all communications.
- Use upper and lower case characters. Do not use all upper case. Acronyms of institution names are acceptable. Be sure to type your first and last names in the proper boxes.
- Follow instructions on the allowed image file formats for the abstract submission. Accepted formats are: tiff, gif, bmp, jpeg, and other common image file formats. Do not use .ps, .eps, or .pdf files.
- Submit your abstract only once.
- Abstracts should be 2250 characters or less (abstract body, image captions and all spaces will be counted) and are limited by the submission system. Titles, authors, addresses, and references will not count in the 2250 character limit.
- Two figures/tables are permitted. However, you should carefully consider the complexity and detail in your image, as it will be printed at a width of approximately 3 inches. Complex images are not recommended as they may be difficult for the reader to discern.
- The web submission system will automatically produce your abstract in the proper format for publication in the Abstract Book. You may copy and paste your abstract, without formatting or TeX characters, into the space provided at the website. Figures need to be uploaded. The version you view and edit on the screen is a facsimile.
- Draft mode will be available until the deadline date so authors may edit abstracts until then.
- If you change your mind about your abstract after you submit it, you may either edit the abstract by putting it in Draft mode or you may withdraw the original abstract and submit a new one.
- If you edit an abstract in Draft mode, you must resubmit it when you are finished or it will not be reviewed. Abstracts left in Draft mode are not submitted.
- Detailed instructions on the submission process will be available online in the submission system.