Best Poster Awards
All posters will be eligible for nomination for this award provided they meet the requirements below:
- The presentations should consist of well-prepared visual materials about the work, posted on a designated board.
- It is required that an author be registered for the Conference and in attendance to present details and answer questions during the first and last hour of the designated session time.
Nature of the Award
- This award consists of a $50 cash award, a certificate, and a Best Poster ribbon.
- The awards will be given during the last hour of each poster session and a ribbon will be attached to the winning posters.
- Winning posters will be prominently displayed through the remainder of the Conference.
- A Poster Award Committee will review all of the posters at the beginning of each session.
- Nominations, made by the individual Session Chairs, will be forwarded to the Award Committee.
- Selections will be based on the level of the research, quality of the poster, and clarity of the presentation.
Congratulations to the 2017 MMM Conference Best Poster Award Winners!
AS-05. Speeding up Nanomagnetic Logic by DMI Enhanced Co/Ir/Pt Films
Ziemys, Grazvydas1; Ahrens, Valentin1; Csaba, Gyorgy2; Becherer, Markus3
- Chair of Technical Electronics, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
- Faculty of Information Technology and Bionics, Pazmany Peter Catholic University, Budapest, Hungary.
- Chair of Nanoelectronics, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
BP-11. Design of High Speed, High Throughput and Low Power Orthogonally Magnetized Voltage Controlled Magnetic Tunnel Junction (VC-MTJ) Based Random Number Generator
Ebrahimi, Farbod1, 2; Lee, Hochul2, 1; Khalili, Pedram1, 2; Wang, Kang L.2
- Inston Inc., Los Angeles, CA, United States.
- Electrical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
CU-06. Probing the Spin Dynamics in Epitaxial Micromagnets Using Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscopy
Digernes, Einar1; Vullum, Per Erik2, 3; Folven, Erik1
- Department of Electronic Systems, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Sør Trøndelag, Norway.
- Department of Physics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Sør Trøndelag, Norway.
- Materials and Chemistry, SINTEF, Trondheim, Sør Trøndelag, Norway.
DT-03. Giant Magnetoresistance Based Handheld Platform for Rapid Detection of Influenza A Virus
Su, Diqing1; Wu, Kai2; Klein, Todd3; Krishna, Venkatramana D.4; Wang, Jian-Ping5
- Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, United States.
- Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, United States.
- University of Minnesota, Wayzata, MN, United States.
- Department of Veterinary Population Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, United States.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, School of Physics & Astronomy, Minneapolis, MN, United States.
ES-05. Coalescence-driven, Uncompensated Antiferromagnetic Order in Co Doped ZnO
Ney, Andreas1; Ney, Verena1; Henne, Bastian1; Buchner, Martin1; Wilhelm, Fabrice2; Ollefs, Katharina J.2; Rogalev, Andrei2
- Solid State Physics Division, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Linz, Austria.
- ESRF, Grenoble, France.
FR-10. Antisymmetric Contribution to the Hall Voltage in Co/Pt Bilayer Depending on Pt Crystal Structure
Ryu, Jeongchun1; Avci, Can Onur2; Kohda, Makoto1, 3; Beach, Geoffrey2; Nitta, Junsaku1, 3
- Materials Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan.
- Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, United States.
- Spintronics Research Network, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan.
GS-03. Perpendicular Anisotropy and Electron Transport in Epitaxial Co2TiSi Films
Jin, Yunlong1; Pathak, Rohit2; Valloppilly, Shah R.1; Kharel, Parashu R.3; Zhao, Gejian4; Kim, Dongrin4; Kashyap, Arti2; Chen, Tingyong4; Skomski, Ralph1; Sellmyer, David J.5
- Physics and Astronomy, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, United States.
- Physics, School of Basic Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, HP, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Physics, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, United States.
- Physics, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, United States.
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, United States.