Child Care Grants
There are a limited number of child care grants, up to $400 USD each, for Conference attendees who are bringing small children to the meeting or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home (i.e., extra daycare or babysitting services). In the event that the number of requests exceeds available funding, preference will be given to applicants in the early stages of their careers.
What expenses are allowable?
- Daycare expenses at the meeting
- Extra daycare expenses incurred at home because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (e.g., overtime at a daycare center, cost of a sitter)
- Expenses incurred in bringing a babysitter (or family member acting as caregiver) to the meeting to care for the child
How do I apply for a child care grant?
- After your presentation has been accepted, complete the Child Care Grant Application Form (coming soon).
- Recipients will be notified upon approval of their application in early November 2018.
How do I receive my child care grant funds?
- Approved applicants must submit receipts showing the extra expenses incurred no later than January 31, 2019.
- Allow up to six weeks to receive your reimbursement.
NOTE: There will be no Conference sponsored child care services on-site at the meeting. The Conference does not sanction or recommend child care providers, and does not assume responsibility or liability for child care services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) to thoroughly investigate all child care providers.