Washington, DC, the Nation’s Capitol, is a fantastic place to visit- you’ll want to extend your stay to see it all! With over 100+ free things to do, world-class restaurants around every corner, more museums than you could visit in a month, gorgeous historical homes and buildings, live theater and music, city and Capitol tours, shopping and more, you will never be bored. From the White House and the Washington Monument, to the International Spy Museum and the National Zoo, to the new Wharf on the Southwest Waterfront, you’ll fill your days (and nights) with exciting sights and adventures.
Neighborhoods, Museums, Sights and Wineries
Take the time to visit some of the city’s smaller and most eclectic neighborhoods, like Adams Morgan, Chinatown, Logan Circle and U Street, chock full of boutique shopping, incredible food and great people watching. If you’ve already been to the Air and Space Museum, check out the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, the National Portrait Gallery, the Renwick Gallery, the Phillips Collection or the Building Museum for a new perspective. Take a trip across the bridge to Commonwealth of Virginia and visit Arlington Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, George Washington’s Mt. Vernon, or perhaps a winery or two. Peruse the offerings at Eastern Market on Capitol Hill and shop till you drop in Georgetown.
At the end of your day, relax and refuel in one of the nation’s top foodie destinations. Want to check out the local neighborhood around the hotel? Here are some great spots to try in nearby Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle:
- Lebanese Taverna (Mediterranean)https://lebanesetaverna.com
- Tail up Goat (Mediterranean) http://www.tailupgoat.com
- Iron Gate (Mediterranean) https://irongaterestaurantdc.com
- Mintwood Place (French/American) https://www.mintwoodplace.com
- Bistrot du Coin (French) https://www.bistrotducoin.com
- Sette Osteria (Italian) http://setteosteria.com
- Darlington House (Modern Italian) https://darlingtonhousedc.com
- Pizzaria Paradiso https://www.eatyourpizza.com
- Thaiphoon (Thai) https://www.thaiphoondupont.com
- Regent Thai http://www.regentthai.com
- City Lights of China (Chinese) https://citylightsofchinawashington.com
- Perry’s (Japanese) https://www.perrysam.com
- Hank’s Oyster Bar https://hanksoysterbar.com
- St. Arnold’s Mussel Bar http://starnoldsmusselbar.com/St_Arnolds_on_Jefferson.html
- Russia House https://www.russiahouselounge.com
- Lauriol Plaza (Mexican) http://www.lauriolplaza.com
And late night, check out all the hottest spots on 18th Street in Adams Morgan and along the 14th and U Corridor.