There are a limited number of child care grants (up to $400 each) for Conference attendees who are bringing small children to the meeting or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home (i.e., extra daycare or babysitting services). In the event that the number of requests exceeds available funding, preference will be given to applicants in the early stages of their careers.
Application deadline is August 31, 2022.
Expanded Global Participation Child Care Grants
To promote broader participation, the MMM 2022 Conference will also offer a limited number of travel and child care grants specifically to researchers at institutions in countries that are historically not well-represented at MMM. Applicants must attend the Conference in-person to be eligible for these grants.
Magnetism and magnetic materials researchers whose primary current institution is NOT in one the below nations are eligible to apply for the Expanded Global Participation Grants. To be considered, complete the grant form below by August 31, 2022 and you will automatically be considered for the Expanded Global Participation Child Care Grants based on your country of residence.
Note that multiple travel and/or child-care grants will not be awarded to a single individual (e.g. if awarded a student travel grant, applicants will be ineligible for these expanded global participation grants).
Expanded Global Participation Grant consideration given for residents from countries NOT on this list:
- Czech Republic
- Korea, Republic of
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- United Kingdom
- United States
What Expenses are Allowable?
- Daycare expenses at the meeting
- Extra daycare expenses incurred at home because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (e.g., overtime at a daycare center, cost of a sitter)
- Expenses incurred in bringing a babysitter (or family member acting as caregiver) to the meeting to care for the child
How Do I Apply for a Child Care Grant?
- After your presentation has been accepted, complete the Child Care Grant Application Form below by August 31, 2022.
- Recipients will be notified upon approval of their application in mid-September 2022.
How Do I Receive My Child Care Grant Funds?
- Approved applicants must submit receipts showing the extra expenses incurred no later than November 30, 2022.
- Allow up to six weeks to receive your reimbursement.
Contact [email protected] with additional questions.
NOTE: There will be no Conference sponsored child care services at the meeting. The Conference does not sanction or recommend child care providers, and does not assume responsibility or liability for child care services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) to thoroughly investigate all child care providers.