The MMM 2022 Conference will offer travel grants to a limited number of students working in magnetism and magnetic materials who wish to attend the Conference. Additional support will be available specifically for students from underrepresented countries – see below for additional details.
The travel grants are up to $750 each and are intended to partially offset travel costs.
Application deadline is August 31, 2022.
Expanded Global Participation Travel Grants
To promote broader participation, the MMM 2022 Conference will also offer a limited number of travel and child-care grants specifically to researchers at institutions in countries that are historically not well-represented at MMM. Applicants must attend the Conference in-person to be eligible for these grants.
Magnetism and magnetic materials researchers whose primary current institution is NOT in one the below nations are eligible to apply for the Expanded Global Participation Grants. To be considered, complete the grant form below by August 31, 2022 and you will automatically be considered for the Expanded Global Participation Grants based on your country of residence.
Note that multiple travel and/or child-care grants will not be awarded to a single individual (e.g. if awarded a student travel grant, applicants will be ineligible for these expanded participation grants).
Expanded Global Participation Grant consideration given for residents from countries NOT on this list:
- Czech Republic
- Korea, Republic of
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- United Kingdom
- United States
Travel Grant Eligibility
- Support is for current students only. Postdoctoral fellows or non-students are not eligible.
- The student must be presenting an abstract at the Conference.
- The student’s supervisor must submit a letter of recommendation.
- The student must NOT have previously received a MMM/Joint Conference or IEEE Magnetics Society travel grant.
- Only ONE application per research group will be accepted.
- Preference will be given to students who are nearing completion of their PhD graduate studies, although a limited number of Conference travel grants will be awarded to other graduate and undergraduate students.
How Do I Apply for a Conference or Expanded Global Participation Travel Grant?
- To apply, the student must complete and submit the online application form below.
- The student’s advisor must submit a letter of endorsement.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision in mid-September.
- The deadline for submitting applications and letters of endorsement is August 31, 2022.