The MMM 2022 Conference will offer travel grants to a limited number of students working in magnetism and magnetic materials who wish to attend the Conference. The Conference grants are up to $750 each and are intended to partially offset travel costs.
Application deadline is August 31, 2022.
Conference Grant Eligibility
- Support is for current students only. Postdoctoral fellows or non-students are not eligible.
- The student must be presenting an abstract at the Conference.
- The student’s supervisor must submit a letter of recommendation.
- The student must NOT have previously received a MMM/Joint Conference or IEEE Magnetics Society travel grant.
- Only ONE application per research group will be accepted.
- Preference will be given to students who are nearing completion of their PhD graduate studies, although a limited number of Conference travel grants will be awarded to other graduate and undergraduate students.
How Do I Apply for a Conference Travel Grant?
- To apply, the student must complete and submit the online application form. Link will be posted at a later time.
- The student’s advisor must submit a letter of endorsement.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision in mid-September.
- The deadline for submitting applications and letters of endorsement is August 31, 2022.
Note on Travel Grants
Travel grants are a reimbursement for actual expenses. Thus, the student must attend the Conference and submit receipts to the Student Travel Coordinator. All grant recipients must also complete either a W8 or W9 before payment is issued. Complete details will be supplied to successful applicants.